Welcome to LIMMS !
LIMMS (Laboratory for Integrated Micro Mechatronic Systems) is a joint laboratory established in The Institute of Industrial Science IIS-The University of Tokyo in 1995 based on a research agreement between French CNRS and the University of Tokyo. After nine years of successful operation, LIMMS has been upgraded to the first International Joint Unit (UMI-Unité Mixte Internationale) of CNRS in Asia in 2004, thereby obtaining an official eligibility to apply to EU funding. In December 2011, LIMMS and its EUJO-LIMMS extention became the EU’s first international laboratory in Japan.
LIMMS Office is well known for its experience and know-how in terms of hosting, counting more than 160 hosted researchers in the past 20 years. It provides researchers with a service package ranging from immigration, accommodation, to departure, which is now granted to EUJO-LIMMS researchers as well.
We hope that you will find this welcome guide helpful and wish you a good installation in Tokyo!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
LIMMS/EUJO-LIMMS HOSTING PROCEDURE
Prospective researchers, please start here
FORMALITIES UPON ARRIVAL IN JAPAN
- Resident Card Issuance
- National Health Insurance
- Your Embassy : contact and consular registration
- Which accommodation to choose?
- Where to live around Komaba campus?
- Glossary of Japanese terms
- Mobile phone and Internet services
- Tips to get furniture
- Driving in Japan : switching your driver’s license
- Learning Japanese language
- Sport on campus
- Eating on campus and surroundings
- Living costs
- Information channels and links
- Emergency Call
- Disaster prevention
- HEALTH INSURANCE, PENSION
- RETURN PROCEDURE